Alma Locker Ransomware Virus is Dangerous
Alma Locker is a malicious ransomware infection. It is a hard time to handle this cyber infection. It is new but it uses the old blackmail strategy to help the cyber criminals to get what they want. It is developed with a purpose: the cyber criminals want your money. The ransomware is usually spread through spam email attachments, which is a very common distribution way. Some spam emails are attractive, but you should think twice before you click to open them since they may contain some cyber infections like Alma Locker.
Moreover, it also hides in some free program installers, which makes some computer users who would like to install free programs randomly get the ransomware installed into the computer system by accident. It is not just a malicious computer infection. It is totally a fraud. Alma Locker ransomware encrypts the computer users’ files and threat them and ask them to pay a ransom. However, cyber criminals are unreliable. Therefore, it is important that you reconsider before you pay the ransomware. When it is able to work in the computer system, it runs the codes to encrypt your files. It has the ability to affect many types of files. After the encryption is completed, you are unable to open the affected files. It is important to have a file backup. Anyway, in this case, the first thing you need to do is removing Alma Locker.
Guide to Remove Alma Locker Ransomware Virus
Step 1: End malicious process via Windows Task Manager
1. Right click on the Task bar and select Start Task Manager (click Task Manager for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10).
2. In Processes tab, find out the processes of Alma Locker ransomware virus and right click on it. (For Windows 8, 8.1 10 users, click Details tab). Usually, their processes are named randomly. After that, select Open File Location.
3. Go back to Task Manager and click End Process button (For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users, click End task). After that, delete all suspicious files in the folder.
Step 2: Show hidden files and folders
For Windows Vista and 7 users,
1. Click Start button to open Start Menu.
2. Open Control Panel and click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives and click OK.
For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users,
1. Open any folder in your computer.
2. Click View tab and then tick Hidden items to show all hidden files.
Step 3: Locate the files of Alma Locker and remove them
1. Hit Win and R keys on the keyboard to open Run box.
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. Navigate to the location as below and remove the file displayed [RANDOM]
4. Run this malware detect tool to find out malicious files in the system and delete them completely so that Alma Locker ransomware virus will not come back again.
Step 4: Restore the system data from a recent backup to decrypt encrypted files
You can try the following recovery methods, but we cannot promise that they will help you recover your files, as Alma Locker ransomware virus uses AES-265 and RSA encryption method.
Method 1: Use System Restore.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
2. At the top left corner, click File and then click New task (Run…).
3. Type in rstrui in the box and click OK.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the restore point and click Next button.
6. Click Finish button to confirm your restore point.
7. Click Yes once you decide to restore your system.
Method 2: Use Shadow Volume Copies.
Shadow Copy (also referred as Volume Snapshot Service) is a technology in Windows that automatically backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are being used. To recover your files, you can use Shadow Explorer that is for free.
1. Download Shadow Explorer from its official website and run it.
2. Select the drive and date of the backup files.
3. Right click the file or folder and click Export to save it.
The Previous:How to Remove TurboMac Virus Completely
The Next: Remove My ShopMate Ads Step by Step
How to Remove ArcadeSwim Ads Permanently
How to Remove StartSearch.org from PC
Remove Game4playz.com Pop-ups Manually
How to Get Rid of Ads by Srch Completely
Get Rid of Playnow.7113656.com Pop-up Ads
Get Rid of Tab4you.com Redirect Virus
Remove Agtracker.net Pop-ups Completely
Get Rid of Ads by e-buyer Completely
Remove Window Rates Manager Ads (Free Guides)
Steps to Remove Ads by Hosts Efficiently
How to Remove EverydayManuals Toolbar
How to Remove Ads by Undefined Manually
Get Rid of Ads by Netutils Completely
How to Get Rid of Czech Ransomware Easily
How to Remove TurboMac Virus Completely
Get Rid of Alma Locker Ransomware and Decrypt Your Files
Remove My ShopMate Ads Step by Step
Get Rid of HPRewriter Ads (Free Removal Instructions)
Remove Zodiac Game Ads Completely
Remove Ads by MyRadioTab Step by Step
- How to Get Rid of Esurf.biz Search Engine Manually
- How to Get Rid of Ads by DNS Unlocker
- How to Get Rid of Cassiopesa.com Search Engine Manually
- How to Remove Ads by ShopGlider Deals
- How to Remove Eye Perform Pop-up Ads & Deals
- How to Remove Saleplus Virus & Stop Ads
- How to Manually Get Rid of Omniboxes.com & Fix Redirect
- Manually Uninstall/Remove PaceItUp Pop-up Ads from Computers
- Guide to Remove Ads by Health Alert Pop-up Completely
- How to Get Rid of Groovorio.com Virus from Web Browsers