Search.protectedio.com comes into your PC and changes your homepage? You find no effective way to remove it? This removal guide will show help you deal with this site.
The Description of Search.protectedio.com
Search.protectedio.com is a fake search engine and a browser hijacker. When your browser like IE, Chrome and Firefox is hijacked by this website, your homepage and search engine will be reset without your authorization. In general, this browser hijacker comes into PCs alongside with malicious freeware such as Goodshop, Krab Web and DealRunner. In addition to result in the modification of browser settings, Search.protectedio.com also displays a lot of unwanted pop-up ads on your web browsers. These obtrusive pop-ups not only affect your browsing experience, they also force you to visit sponsored websites which benefit from web traffic.
In order to help sponsors get more advertising revenue, this browser hijacker maliciously adds sponsored ads into search results. That is to say, you can’t get any correct information and resources from the network. To the contrary, you might download a number of unwanted programs by mistake. Similar to other browser hijackers, Search.protectedio.com has the ability to track browser history. When the developer of this redirect virus collects your information like email address, saved passwords and online banking account, he will probably steal your money and use your name to perform evil plans. For the sake of safety, you will need to remove Search.protectedio.com from your computer immediately.
Search.protectedio.com Virus Screenshot
The Harm of Search.protectedio.com Virus
1. Search.protectedio.com comes bundled with many potentially unwanted programs and malware.
2. Search.protectedio.com takes over various browsers and changes default homepage as well as search engine.
3. Search.protectedio.com redirects search results and displays numerous annoying pop-up advertisements.
4. Search.protectedio.com slows down browser performance and distributes additional horrible viruses.
5. Search.protectedio.com keeps track of browser history and sells the data to unknown third parties.
Step by Step Remove Search.protectedio.com Redirect Virus
As mentioned above, Search.protectedio.com virus is able to slow down computer performance and cause more unexpected problems. If you want to keep the system secure, you will need to take steps to get rid of Search.protectedio.com as soon as possible. In general, Search.protectedio.com manual removal requires a lot of professional computer skills and time. If you are not confident of doing it manually, please utilize this Automatic Virus Remover to do the job.
Uninstall malicious programs and unwanted toolbars.
1. Click Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
2. Choose unfamiliar programs and click Uninstall to remove them entirely.
Remove Search.protectedio.com from Internet browsers.
1. Open Firefox, click on the Firefox button, move to Options and then select Options.
2. Under the General tab, remove Search.protectedio.com and click Restore to default.
1. Click the menu icon and select Settings.
2. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings…
3. Click Reset browser setting button so as to restore Chrome to original settings.
4. Click History on the left panel and then click clear all browsing data button.
1. Click Tools and choose Manage add-ons.
2. On Search providers tab, make Bing or Google as default and delete Search.protectedio.com by clicking Remove button.
Click Start button to open Control Panel, search for Folder Options and get into the in Folder Options window. Move to View tab, tick Show hidden files, folders and drives, and untick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Click on Start button, type into regedit and hit Enter.
Click Yes when User Account Control pops up.
Clean all the malicious files and keys of Search.protectedio.com virus in the registry and system folders.
%AppData%Local[random].exe C:Documents and SettingsLocalServiceLocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files*.exe HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainStartPage
Search.protectedio.com Virus Video Removal Guide
The Previous:Tips to Remove Ads by UNiDealse from Computers
The Next: How to Manually Get Rid of Omniboxes.com & Fix Redirect
How to Remove ArcadeSwim Ads Permanently
How to Remove StartSearch.org from PC
Remove Game4playz.com Pop-ups Manually
How to Get Rid of Ads by Srch Completely
Get Rid of Playnow.7113656.com Pop-up Ads
Get Rid of Tab4you.com Redirect Virus
Remove Agtracker.net Pop-ups Completely
Get Rid of Ads by e-buyer Completely
Remove Window Rates Manager Ads (Free Guides)
Steps to Remove Ads by Hosts Efficiently
How to Remove EverydayManuals Toolbar
How to Remove Ads by Undefined Manually
Get Rid of Ads by Netutils Completely
How to Get Rid of Czech Ransomware Easily
How to Remove TurboMac Virus Completely
Get Rid of Alma Locker Ransomware and Decrypt Your Files
Remove My ShopMate Ads Step by Step
Get Rid of HPRewriter Ads (Free Removal Instructions)
Remove Zodiac Game Ads Completely
Remove Ads by MyRadioTab Step by Step
- How to Get Rid of Esurf.biz Search Engine Manually
- How to Get Rid of Ads by DNS Unlocker
- How to Get Rid of Cassiopesa.com Search Engine Manually
- How to Remove Ads by ShopGlider Deals
- How to Remove Eye Perform Pop-up Ads & Deals
- How to Remove Saleplus Virus & Stop Ads
- How to Manually Get Rid of Omniboxes.com & Fix Redirect
- Manually Uninstall/Remove PaceItUp Pop-up Ads from Computers
- Guide to Remove Ads by Health Alert Pop-up Completely
- How to Get Rid of Groovorio.com Virus from Web Browsers