R980 Ransomware Virus is Dangerous
If R980 has penetrated into your computer system, what can really be sure is that your files are encrypted. There are two ways to recognize this ransomware. Firstly, when you open an encrypted file, you can see the encryption prompt with its logo. Secondly, when the encryption is completed, it shows you a message about how to recover your files. Of course you are asked to pay some money. That is the real purpose of the cyber criminals who developed R980.
According to the research, though some computer users are fast enough to notice the infection process, they still cannot stop the encryption. This is a tricky ransomware which is able to modify the master boot record (MBR). Therefore, it will start every time you start the computer, so you have to be careful when you use the infected computer system. There is no doubt that you should not let R980 stay in your system and you must do something to get rid of it. In order to protect your computer, it is important to know that it is actually spread through spam emails. Cyber criminals put it in the attachments or links of the spam emails. Anyway, one thing is certain: If you want to use your computer, you should remove R980.
Guide to Remove R980 Ransomware Virus
Step 1: End malicious process via Windows Task Manager
1. Right click on the Task bar and select Start Task Manager (click Task Manager for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10).
2. In Processes tab, find out the processes of R980 ransomware virus and right click on it. (For Windows 8, 8.1 10 users, click Details tab). Usually, their processes are named randomly. After that, select Open File Location.
3. Go back to Task Manager and click End Process button (For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users, click End task). After that, delete all suspicious files in the folder.
Step 2: Show hidden files and folders
For Windows Vista and 7 users,
1. Click Start button to open Start Menu.
2. Open Control Panel and click Appearance and Personalization.
3. Click Folder Options.
4. In the View tab, click Show hidden files, folders and drives and click OK.
For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users,
1. Open any folder in your computer.
2. Click View tab and then tick Hidden items to show all hidden files.
Step 3: Locate the files of R980 and remove them
1. Hit Win and R keys on the keyboard to open Run box.
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. Navigate to the location as below and remove the file displayed [RANDOM]
4. Run this malware detect tool to find out malicious files in the system and delete them completely so that R980 ransomware virus will not come back again.
Step 4: Restore the system data from a recent backup to decrypt encrypted files
You can try the following recovery methods, but we cannot promise that they will help you recover your files, as R980 ransomware virus uses AES-265 and RSA encryption method.
Method 1: Use System Restore.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
2. At the top left corner, click File and then click New task (Run…).
3. Type in rstrui in the box and click OK.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the restore point and click Next button.
6. Click Finish button to confirm your restore point.
7. Click Yes once you decide to restore your system.
Method 2: Use Shadow Volume Copies.
Shadow Copy (also referred as Volume Snapshot Service) is a technology in Windows that automatically backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are being used. To recover your files, you can use Shadow Explorer that is for free.
1. Download Shadow Explorer from its official website and run it.
2. Select the drive and date of the backup files.
3. Right click the file or folder and click Export to save it.
The Previous:Get Rid of Apptrackerpro.com Ads (Free Guides)
The Next: Get Rid of Zo6.realsuperblite.com Pop-ups
How to Remove ArcadeSwim Ads Permanently
How to Remove StartSearch.org from PC
Remove Game4playz.com Pop-ups Manually
How to Get Rid of Ads by Srch Completely
Get Rid of Playnow.7113656.com Pop-up Ads
Get Rid of Tab4you.com Redirect Virus
Remove Agtracker.net Pop-ups Completely
Get Rid of Ads by e-buyer Completely
Remove Window Rates Manager Ads (Free Guides)
Steps to Remove Ads by Hosts Efficiently
How to Remove EverydayManuals Toolbar
How to Remove Ads by Undefined Manually
Get Rid of Ads by Netutils Completely
How to Get Rid of Czech Ransomware Easily
How to Remove TurboMac Virus Completely
Get Rid of Alma Locker Ransomware and Decrypt Your Files
Remove My ShopMate Ads Step by Step
Get Rid of HPRewriter Ads (Free Removal Instructions)
Remove Zodiac Game Ads Completely
Remove Ads by MyRadioTab Step by Step
- How to Get Rid of Esurf.biz Search Engine Manually
- How to Get Rid of Ads by DNS Unlocker
- How to Get Rid of Cassiopesa.com Search Engine Manually
- How to Remove Ads by ShopGlider Deals
- How to Remove Eye Perform Pop-up Ads & Deals
- How to Remove Saleplus Virus & Stop Ads
- How to Manually Get Rid of Omniboxes.com & Fix Redirect
- Manually Uninstall/Remove PaceItUp Pop-up Ads from Computers
- Guide to Remove Ads by Health Alert Pop-up Completely
- How to Get Rid of Groovorio.com Virus from Web Browsers